Matres S.r.l. is a SME company focused on the development of scientific and technological research in the materials field. The core activities are addressed to the innovation in powder materials and powder metallurgy products for industry pertaining to different sectors:
- Wear resistant material for aeronautics
- Reactive powder material for Cold Gas Spraying technology (surface engineering)
- Nanostructure metal powders for laser sintering rapid Manufacturing
- Polymer-based nanocomposites
- Materials for solid hydrogen storage
Matres has available a laboratory for advanced chemical-physical and mechanical characterization as well as equipment for thermal treatments, consolidation and shaping of powders. Matres has the capabilities to perform thermal treatments of powders such as HIP (Hot isostatic pressing), high temperature sintering furnaces, CIP (Cold isostatic pressing) and Hot pressing.